Sunday, July 13, 2014

Why I workout even during the ups and downs.


I posted this picture and this caption yesterday on Instagram and wanted to share it also here on my blog. 




I have two boys and I love to workout everyday so I can be heathy and strong and be able to take care of them for a long time!! After I had my youngest exactly 4 years ago, I weighed 250 pounds! I was miserable with lots of knee and back pain. Couldn't play with my kids without getting winded or tired. I hated how I felt and how I looked. My hubby was so loving and patient and never ever made comments about my body except to be supportive and kind. I knew I didn't want to live like that for the rest of my life. So I started small and consistent. Started eating healthier and walking for a few mins every day (10-15 mins nothing big). I would increase the length every couple of days until I could go longer lengths without getting winded. I was more energized and hopeful the more weight I lost! As of last summer I weighed 152 and I felt awesome!! I have completed multiple hard at home exercise programs (Chris freytag, turbofire, body pump, etc) last summer I started training for my first half marathon and over did it and really really stressed my body and knees. This past fall I experienced injuries from training and my third miscarriage which was really depressing during the holidays as well as the death of my grampa. I still continued to eat healthy and exercise but I started to gain weight. :( my weight gain has really bummed me out and discouraged me. I've been at 167 for the last several months. I've been making an effort to eat clean and for health reasons started being gluten and dairy free. Ive gotten back to lifting weights which I absolutely love!! Being healthy and fit is definitely a lifestyle change but well worth it! Even with the ups and downs.

1 comment:

  1. You've done so very good the last 4years and now it's habitual;) even with the ups and downs your inspiration so many including us boys at home

    ReplyDelete