Monday, June 23, 2014

Week 2 recap of The Daniel Plan reading assignment and week 3 final assignment. #thedanielplan

Welcome to the start of week 3 of reading "The Daniel Plan" with me!



If you're not sure what I'm talking about, or want to join in; here's my post from last week that explains the program and challenge that I"m starting this month:
http://crafts-n-fitness.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-daniel-plan-40-days-to-healthier.html

SO WHERE DO YOU START? 
First create a free profile here on their website:

PROGRAM SPECIFICS: 
Second, come back here to my blog every week to get the weekly assignment and check in with me about your progress. I will also be posting daily on my Instagram page when the 40 day challenge starts. 

For the next 3 weeks we will be reading the book together and then we will start the 40 day "Daniel Strong" challenge on Monday June 30th and end on Friday August 8th. 

Every 10 days from June 30-August 8 (so 4 times during the challenge) we will do a BLOG CHECK IN here for accountability and PRIZES! I will be using The Daniel Plan Journal as a guide for check in questions and focus on the program. 
I can't wait to get started on this journey with you!!

THIS WEEKS ASSIGNMENT: 
1. Buy or borrow the book.
2. Create your free profile on the Daniel Plan website.
3. Read chapters 9 and 10. You should have already read chapters 1-8 in the last two weeks. If not, hopefully you can catch up with us. :-) 
4. Check back here on my blog on Sunday 29th for next weeks assignment and the official beginning of the challenge.  

We ended week 1 which was to read chapters 1-4 and then week 2 which was to read chapters 5-8.  

What did you think about what you read this past week? 

I am LOVING this book!! 
I am so glad I bought it (and the journal) from their website (it was cheaper than amazon) because I have written a TON of notes in my book. 

Chapter 5 is about Fitness. 
I love how the book describes Daniel Strong= A pursuit of excellence in body, mind and spirit for God's glory. WOW! The book goes on to talk about how movement has gotten to be less and less because of our jobs, life, technology. It talks about mapping out your fitness course and getting back to the joy of PLAY-which also stands for something. Ch 9 will go over Fitness again for the challenge. Then the book goes on explain how to put your fitness plan into action. 

Chapter 6 is about Focus. This was a great chapter for me. It talks about your brain health, chronic stress and how to cope with it, taking control of negative thoughts and eliminating them, perception, attitude and purpose,  make SMART goals and motivation. LOTS of helpful things in this chapter! After reading this chapter I'm going to do a couple things before the challenge starts on Monday. 
First, I'm going to write down three things I am thankful for EVERY DAY before going to bed (pg 210), so I can practice gratitude and help with my anxiety and peace of mind. see Philippians 4:6-7. Hopefully I can post them here on my blog to share them with you. 
Next, I'm going to work on my perception of things. Especially about the things I stress about most and about my marriage. "Just questioning your thoughts and perceptions and then filtering them through a loving God and honest mind will make a huge difference in your life, happiness and health."  
Third, I'm going to take the five essentials and write down my major goals and purposes as mentioned on page 216.
Last, I'm going to make my SMART goals for this challenge and for the rest of the year. see page 218. 


Chapter 7 is about Friends. The reason why I'm posting about this challenge here on my blog and on Instagram is because of this essential. It is alot easier to make this life style change and commitment when you have others who love you and can encourage you thru this 40 day journey. TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE. 

Chapter 8 is about Living the Lifestyle. He says to start with a few vital behaviors-the ones that will have the biggest immediate impact-and go from there. 
"Your daily choices, with God's limitless power, done with a community of friends, can help you launch each day with intention and purpose. It begins with a shift in perspective: focusing on the good, acknowledging the abundance, and paying attention to who you are and the power within you to choose what is best. This new outlook leads the way to your transformation". page 253 
"Choose to believe that all things are possible with God. Be kind to yourself and trust him. Make God's Word a daily part of your life, and his truths and promises will restore anything that's broken; his love will propel you into a new way of thinking, a healthy approach to each day." page 260



This week's assignment is to read Chapter 9 and 10-Daniel Strong 40 day fitness challenge and 40 day meals plans; in preparation to starting the 40 day challenge on Monday June 30th. Don't worry about being 100% prepared for this challenge or whether you can commit to 40 days. For some of you this may be a big change in your eating habits or doing daily exercise. Just do the best you can and take one day at a time. Check back with me every 10 days here on my blog for our official Check in and post daily pictures of your food and exercise on Instagram so I can cheer you on! Use the hashtag #thedanielplan and @rdevaughn4 so I can see your posts. 



No comments:

Post a Comment