Please see my blog post I posted on Sunday with my week 1 results, comparison pictures, and more info about the program I'm doing.
So how exactly does it work? After reading thru all my booklets, I determined how many containers I get based on how many calories I need to eat per day (which is based on your weight).
I picked the middle category which is 1,500-1799 calories per day. Which means each day I get 4 green containers (veggies), 3 purple (fruit), 4 red (protein), 3 yellow (carbs), 1 blue (healthy fats and cheese), 1 orange (seeds, dressing), and 4 tablespoons (oils and butters).
The booklets that come with the program are very easy to read and great with explaining the program.
They provide the lists of approved foods per each color container.
Below are several pictures of side by side comparisons of what some of my meals looked like in the containers versus on my plate.
I LOVE my meal tracker that I got from a girl on Instagram. It does not come with the program. Someone in her beachbody fitness group made this pdf file. I use it every day to pre plan my meals.
You can download the meal planner here:
Here are the pictures of my daily food and workouts this entire week:
Here's what the first dvd exercise menu looks like.
Day 1-Monday Feb 24:
workout: Total Body Cardio Fix
Day 2-Tuesday Feb 25:
workout: Upper Fix
Day 3-Wednesday Feb 26:
workout: Lower Fix
Day 4-Thursday Feb 27:
workout: Pilates Fix
Day 5-Friday February 28:
workout: Cardio Fix
Day 6-Saturday March 1:
workout: Dirty 30
Day 7-Sunday March 2:
workout: Yoga Fix
My thoughts on the entire week:
- I didn't do very well on Thursday. I ended up having 5 girl scout cookies and 1 cupcake that day. :-( Felt like a total failure! Then felt totally awful after having that much sugar. (it was the only day I had sugar this week)
- On Friday I had tons to do at work, so I actually ended up skipping lunch, which wasn't good, but thats why its showing less food in my day 5 picture.
- On Saturday we were gone from 11am to 10pm traveling to NC for a funeral. I packed most of my food prep and measured everything so I would be successful. I had a pretty good day and only ate out once-at Wendy's-for dinner.
- SO excited about my weight loss and hoping I can do 100% this coming week with no sugar and no fast food.
- Didn't miss any of my workouts this week and did all my workouts as scheduled per day. I really love these workouts, alot more than I thought I would!! Most of the workouts require hand weights (4 of the 7 workouts), which I think is awesome because strength training is so important!! and they are only 30 minutes!
- I loved using my daily meal planner and it definitely helps to pre-plan my meals before the day begins so I am successful!!
- I always save 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green for dinner so that my husband can plan whatever he wants for dinner and not have to worry about cooking me something special. He cooks great healthy meals, for which I'm very grateful.
- This program can be for anyone!! Men or women. You can use hand weights, no weights or resistance bands.
- I was never hungry. I ate alot more than I thought I would with following this program. Even though I'm still eating the same number of calories as I was before this program, I ended up losing weight. It's like magic. :-)
- You do not have to drink Shakeology or any protein drink to be successful in this program. Just follow the program with the number of containers you need PER DAY and measure things properly, and you will be good to go!
- People are seeing results without doing the exercise program provided with the 21 day fix. I personally LOVE the workouts and have been doing them every day; but you can do another workout program or walking or nothing, and still get results.
*** I want to be very clear. I am not a Beachbody coach. I am not going to get any commission or compensation for writing these blog posts about the 21 day fix program. I am not trying to sell you this program. I struggle with my nutrition balance and portions which is why I purchased this program.
I am excited that I'm getting results with this new program, and its brand new so alot of people have never heard of it or haven't purchased it yet.
I am simply sharing my personal thoughts, opinions and pictures in hopes that if you struggle with weight loss and nutrition; then maybe this program will give you hope and help you like it has helped me!***
Here is my week 1 progression picture from Saturday morning to Saturday morning.
I LOST 3.4 POUNDS this week!!
I AM THRILLED!!
These are my real results!
My stomach in both pictures is relaxed. I am not sucking it in and I'm not pushing it out.
Here is my blog post I posted yesterday with my week 1 results, comparison pictures, and more info about the program.