Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What do YOU do when you've committed yourself to an exercise program only to find it's not what you like or too easy/too hard for you?

So I'm keeping it real today with this post. I'm pretty discouraged with my workout goals right now.

Back in September I did 2 out of 3 months of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution which I loved. I stopped it though because I was given the opportunity to try a workout program for blog review. I knew it was advanced but I honestly thought I could do it because I've been workout out consistently for a couple of years now. Well, I couldn't and I was foolish and pushed thru the week and injured my back. Making it very difficult to exercise or move for a couple of weeks which resulted in several trips to the chiropractor. I will not disclose what workout program I started because it wouldn't be fair to the company since they did state it was an advanced workout and not suitable for everyone.

So for the past month I've been  doing a Leslie Sansone walking challenge (I love her dvds but I know they don't challenge me) along with misc. workout dvds. I had planned for at least a month to start another workout program this week which would take me thru the rest of the year, but I've done 2 days and I will have to stop. There's no modifier and it's very high impact and half the time I'm trying to figure out how to do the move instead of actually moving. :-( so my calorie burn wasn't very good today even though I did 45 mins of a workout. and I felt very dissatisfied afterwards. My 4 year old was watching me this morning and said, "mommy how come you aren't doing what the people on the tv are doing?" LOL "Because I can't keep up and my knees hurt!" Yesterday I had to use my inhaler twice and I felt so fatigued the rest of the day.

So, now I'm discouraged because after years of losing weight and working hard, I still feel like I haven't progressed enough to do "everything" I want to do. I hate feeling like I have limits. But I also know if I don't listen to my body I could injure myself which would be a very bad thing of course.

What do YOU do when you've committed yourself to an exercise program only to find it's not what you like or too easy/too hard for you?

Also, I love having an exercise schedule so I want to follow a program for the rest of Nov and Dec. Should I complete the last month of Body Revolution? Do another round of 21 Day Fix? TurboJam? Body pump? I love doing strength training with a little bit of cardio. These are all programs I've done before.... Suggestions please!

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen/tried XTFMax? It has 4 levels plus modifiers. I am finding level one pretty hard but I am an obese older beginner. If you haven't looked at it already there are a bunch of detailed reviews on Amazon. Plus they have incentives, free t shirt and jacket for doing the 90 day program and taking pics.

    ReplyDelete