Saturday, November 1, 2014

Hemp heart seeds review for @manitobaharvest #hemphearts #sweatpink

I was sent a complimentary bag of Hemp Hearts for blog and social media review, because of my ambassadorship with #sweatpink. All opinions are my own.


http://manitobaharvest.com/

At the ‘heart’ of all our hemp foods is the Hemp Heart (aka raw shelled hemp seed).
  • Great tasting - Hemp Hearts have a slightly nutty taste, similar to a sunflower seed or pine nut.
  • Easy to use - Simply sprinkle Hemp Hearts on salad, cereal & yogurt, add to smoothies and recipes, or eat them straight from the package!
  • Nutritious - per 30 gram serving, Hemp Hearts contain 10 grams of plant-based protein and 10 grams of Omegas.
  • Hemp Hearts have more protein and omegas and less carbs than the same serving of chia or flax.
Check out their website. You can get a free 7 days of smoothies ebook, coupons, and recipes!

I tried the hemp seeds in my morning fruit protein smoothie, as well as in my salad.

This was the first time I had tried them and they weren't bad. You can't really taste them. I don't particularly care for the texture though-its like eating little seeds in my drink. Which I don't like eating things with tiny seeds, so it wasn't really something for me.


I would like to try this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie next though to see if I like the texture better.
Recipe found here:
http://manitobaharvest.com/recipes/10198/Pumpkin-Pie-Pro70-Smoothie.html

My husband really liked them so he will probably be the one using them until the bag runs out.

Have you ever tried Hemp seeds before?

If you want to try some, you can use my special code: HHSweatPink14 to get 20% off any purchase at ManitobaHarvest.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment