Monday, September 30, 2013

Leslie Sansone October 2013 free fall exercise challenge!

Leslie Sansone posted a new October challenge last night!! 
I love to share fitness challenges with my readers-sometimes I am able to personally participate, other times I am not able to but want to still share about it on my blog. 
I will be starting this challenge tomorrow and doing it 100% by the schedule, plus some- because I'm also participating in an online 6 week bootcamp next week and starting Jazzercise classes in 3 weeks from now.  I have got to get the 10 pounds off that I gained the last 3 months with race training!! 
I've copied the first weeks schedule that starts tomorrow along with Leslie's notes that are on her blog. 
I will check in every sunday or monday with the upcoming week schedule and how I personally did with the weeks workouts and what I specifically did. 
I would love for others to join me!! Let me know in the comments below if you want to join me and stay accountable! I'll be posting pics on instgram (rdevaughn4) daily. 

WELCOME to the “Walk It Off in 30 Days” 
Walk Challenge WALKERS!!!
We are going to have a very healthy month together … I promise you!
Slimmer, Stronger and Healthier by Thanksgiving 2013!
To get started let’s all choose just “one” of these measurement options:
1 – weigh yourself
OR
2 – measure inches from waistline, hip and upper arm areas
OR
3 – choose a specific outfit and note how it fits
OR
4 – THE ULTIMATE Measurements – Have your health professional take your Blood Pressure, Blood Sugar Level, Blood Lipid Profile (cholesterol levels), Resting Heart Rate, Body Composition (% of Body Fat), emotional health, brain health, bone density, joint range of motion …. oh yes …. EVERY SYSTEM of the body responds in 30 days ….. BIG TIME!

Weigh, measure or try on clothing before Tuesday, Oct. 1st. 
Write down your starting description. (weight, inches or fit of clothing)
Write down the time of day that you will exercise each day.  It’s your MOST IMPORTANT appointment of the day!
For the full 30 days, plan 30 to 45 mins. of exercise time.

1st Week Exercise Plan:
Tues. Oct. 1 – 2 Mile Walk (If you can’t measure distance – walk for 30 minutes or 4,000 steps)

Wed. Oct. 2 – 1 Mile in the Morning + 1 Mile in the Evening + Strength Training for the Core (abs)
(or Walk 15 minutes (2,000 steps) in AM – 15 minutes in PM + Abs)

Thurs. Oct. 3 – 2 Mile Walk

Fri. Oct. 4 – 1 Mile (AM) + 1 Mile (PM) + Strength Training for Upper Body

Sat. Oct. 5 – 2 Mile Walk

Sun. Oct. 6 – 1 Mile (AM) + 1 Mile (PM) + Strength Training for Lower Body

Strength Training Tools and Suggestions:
***Many of the Walk at Home DVDs offer Strength Training segments. The new DVD “Walk It Off in 30 Days” has a 30 Minute “Full Body” Strength Training segment that gives you every exercise you need for a “lifetime” of toned, firm, strong muscles! I will be using that DVD for my strength training workouts this month.
***Try the videos offered in our Walk Social area:
Go to www.WalkAtHome.com / click on Walk Social / Click on “Track Your Walk” / Click on Video / Click on Search / Choose any of the Videos
Also visit this link for more details - http://www.walkathome.com/help-support/#walk-social-support
***Follow these exercises:
For Abs:
- Do 3 sets of 15 Curl Ups (Abdominal Crunches)
- Do 3 planks (or have planks with knees on floor) Hold for 20 seconds each.
For Upper Body:
- Do 3 sets of 10 of each exercise:
Chest Press with Dumbbells
Bent Over Row with Dumbbells
Bicep Curls
Triceps Extensions
For Lower Body:
- Do 3 sets of 15 of each exercise:
Squats (add challenge – hold dumbbells)
Lunges
Add Dumbbells for increased results – good starting weights are 3, 5 or 8 lb. sets.  Intermediate to Advanced weights are 8, 10, and 12 lb. sets.

And finally …. just DO as much as you can …. even half of the daily assignments WILL GIVE YOU RESULTS …. don’t spend anytime worried about a missed session …. just start again the next day!
Are you ready to WALK Strong???? Let’s WALK Everybody!
HEALTHY HUGS to all!
-Leslie:)
Leslie
Filed at 9:45am
- See more at: http://www.walkathome.com/sansone/walk-it-off-in-30-days-challenge-week-1/#sthash.9gHcBM6B.dpuf

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog from the Leslie Sansone facebook page. I have started the challenge too! Good Luck to us both!!

    ReplyDelete