Welcome to the Jessica Smith 30 day March challenge!!
I’m so excited that you can join me this month. I decided to make this calendar with all of Jessica Smith's youtube videos in hopes of inspiring others to work out and to spread the word of Jessica’s FREE videos! I think its just awesome that she takes the time to make free videos for us several times a month!! There are not many fitness professionals who do that! So please make sure to thank her and check in on her facebook page “10 pounds down” here: https://www.facebook.com/?sk=h_chr#!/pages/10-Pounds-DOWN/142506209147223?fref=ts
Here are the details to this challenge:
- We start Friday March 1st and end Saturday March 30th. Rest days are on Sundays. Saturdays are optional if you are too sore, but don’t forget to do some stretching if you are.
- The videos highlighted in red mean you will need additional equipment like hand weights or resistance bands. Jessica does mention that if you don’t have these items, you can certainly do the videos without them. If there is anything that you feel is too difficult, just walk in place until you can feel comfortable with the moves. The purpose is to KEEP MOVING-don’t stop!! (as a side note: all her videos are family friendly, so you don’t have to worry about the music or what shes wearing!)
- All videos are 20-40 mins in length so hopefully that will work with everyone’s schedule!! The length of the video is in parenthesis after the name. If you need something even shorter or want to add more time, check out Jessica Smith’s 10 min videos on her page here: http://jessicasmithtv.com
- All the exercises are low to moderate intensity so don’t worry if you are out of shape or haven’t been exercising. I created this calendar for that very purpose! For those that are just beginning to workout out, for those who are short on time, for those who want lower intensity workouts, and for those who want to do another workout in conjunction with something else.
- Post pictures of you doing the videos on Jessica’s facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/10-Pounds-DOWN/ and/or on Instagram by using the hashtag #JessicaSmithChallenge. (You can friend me on Instagram if you would like to: rdevaughn4) This is totally optional but its alot of fun and really motivating to see others working out and following the same schedule that you are!
- Every weekend I will post the upcoming video links so its super easy to find the week’s challenge videos. Or, if you don’t want to want for my blog post you can find all of Jessica’s youtube videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/jessicasmithtv . If you want to see the listing of Jessica’s videos and make your own rotation calendar, you can see them here: http://jessicasmithtv.com/build-your-own-workout-rotation/
Welcome to the challenge and I look forward to seeing any comments or questions here on my blog!! Don’t forget to tell your friends to like “10 pounds down” on facebook and my blog, to join us for this month and hopefully upcoming challenges in the future!!
March 1-9 video links:
Barefoot Fusion Walk-20 mins
Dance Walk-27 mins
can be done with or without shoes
Stride & Strength-36 mins
need hand weights-5 pounds
Kickboxing abs-10 mins
Standing abs-11 mins
Flow Yo Yoga-33 mins
Build a better booty-20 mins
Mat Fusion Flow-25 mins
Core Stretch-24 mins