Thursday, April 18, 2013

Ellie-exercise clothes March subscription review

 
Finally got my March shipment from my Ellie subscription about 2 weeks ago. They had issues with the fabric and sent their shipments back to the warehouse to remake them-or something to that effect. Anyway-there has been alot of drama online because its been taking a month to get orders filled. Honestly though, I'm not in a hurry and I know I will get my shipment plus usually a little freebie so I'm not complaining. I've always gotten my orders and if I have an issue, I email them right away.
 
February was the first month they introduced their own brand. (see my previous postings) so the March collection (Little black collection) was their second month.
I ordered the Black Widow Tank in size large and Raven Capri in size large. I specifically ordered the black widow tank in size large because the description says body hugging. I can wear either a size medium or large depending on the style.
 
Here are the website descriptions:

Black Widow Tank

$44.95
Don't let the name scare you, this body hugging tank will leave you feeling fearless. Contoured style lines and mesh overlay panels enhance a slimmer shape. Its intricate design paired with its mesh detailing will spin a web of fashion envy amongst everyone in your favorite spin class!
  • Key Features:
  • Built-in shelf bra creates added support
  • Open-back design supports full range of motion
  • Mesh detailing keeps you dry and cool
  • Thin flexible straps allow you to twist and move freely
  • Flat seams for a chafe-free fit
  • Product Specs:
  • designed for: gym, cycling, yoga
  • fabric(s): EllieProTex, Power Mesh
  • properties: chafe-resistant, breathable, four-way stretch
  • shelf bra: yes
  • support level: medium
  • coverage: medium
  • fit: body hugging
  • length: low hip

Raven Capri

$54.95
Not just your everyday black capri, this pant is a twist on everyone's favorite workout staple. The double waistband sits perfectly on the waist and with a subtle black mesh overlay you'll want to show it off.
  • Key Features:
  • Soft like cotton and won’t wrinkle, shrink, fade or bag
  • 4-way stretch that moves with you
  • Don’t sweat it, moisture wicking fabric keeps you dry
  • Brave the elements! This piece is water, wind and tear resistant
  • Fabric is preshrunk, so no worries when it comes to laundry day
  • Flat seams for a chafe-free fit
  • Product Specs:
  • designed for: run, gym, yoga
  • fabric(s): EllieProTex, Power Mesh
  • properties: chafe-resistant, breathable, four-way stretch
  • rise: mid
 
 
I'm also waiting on my Black swan tank which I haven't gotten yet but was assured it would get to me soon.

You can click on this link to get 20% off your first month subscription (making it $39.96) or you can click on my side toolbar as well.
http://ellie.evyy.net/c/48928/58557/1664

Make sure to pay attention to the sizing chart since it runs small in my opinion!
I currently wear size medium tops and bottoms in my athletic clothes from walmart, target, kohls and victoria secret. However, I've found I need to wear mostly Larges in Ellie brand, some medium tops.

Here's the sizing:

XS (2-4) 32in bust, 24.5in waist, 35 in hips
S (4-6) 34in bust, 26.5in waist, 37in hips
M (6-8) 36in bust, 28.5in waist, 39in hips
L (8-10) 38in bust, 30.5in waist, 41in hips
 
My thoughts:
 
I really love both pieces! When I first pulled out my Black widow top my first thought was "wow this is alot thicker than I thought!" I was pleased with the size large so its not so form fitting even though I'm sure a medium would also fit. I love the mesh detailing!! I love wearing tops that are unique-it makes me feel sexy and excited about working out. I also love the length-I hate short tops because then they ride up my back when I'm working out.
The Raven Capri's remind me of my kiss me capri's (that I got from Ellie last month) which I love love, so I'm glad about that. I hate low rise exercise pants. These sit on my waist and have the cool mesh waistband detail and super stretchy!! Even after wearing them for several hours, they are still comfy and keep their shape. I was really really pleased with the quality this month!!
Pictures:
disclaimer: I wanted to take pictures outside so the detailing of the pieces would be easier to see. However that day it was very sunny/bright and windy. :-)
 
 
Detailing of the back of the widow tank
 
Notice the side mesh detailing-its on the left and right

 
Decided to take pictures inside...

 
This is close up of Raven capris so you can see the mesh detail


You can click on this link to get 20% off your first month subscription (making it $39.96) or you can click on my side toolbar as well.

 
Hope you enjoyed this review and pictures... I can't wait to get my April pieces from the Coral collection!! I ordered them yesterday and they've already shipped!!
Ellie waited to post the new collection until they had the pieces IN STOCK so there wouldn't be any long waits like this past month. The company has come a long way since they started a couple months ago and they continue to get better. If you aren't in any hurry to get your pieces every month, you should check them out on facebook and their website!! I expect once they figure things out with the shipping and making of their clothes, they will be awesome competition to many clothing brands!

No comments:

Post a Comment